I am home now just chilling on the couch. My leg is numb which is good because the muscle aches a lot. I have an ice cooler machine which really helps. They gave me versed and fentynol to do the femoral block. I am pretty sure that is what drugs are like...everything was blurry and I was trying to look at the needle on the ultrasound monitor but I could not see it and it was driving me crazy! Then he poked me with a giant needle and I was totally ok with it. So weird.
They took me back to the OR and the nurse was married to the brother of a Jamie from Provo who lives in Bromfield. I am pretty sure it is the only other Jamilyn that I know of...but my mind was a little fuzzy and I am not completely sure that conversation even really happened.
The next thing I remember was them telling me the surgery was finished. I was super drowsy and out of it. I started feeling really sick so they gave me more nausea medicine. I fell back asleep. They got Brian and explained everything to him and I tried to listen but I don't remember much other than my ACL was completely torn off the bone. I really like my doctor. Brian asked if he could get a picture with me and he jumped right next to me but the nurse said "there are no pictures back here" but the doctors just laughed it off and said that was the stupidest thing he has heard and shut the curtain so we could snap a picture.
I slept all the way home and once we ft home I slept until about 2:30 pm and I am tired again.
Anesthesia is the craziest stuff...coming out of it is so weird and confusing. Glad it's done and still so crazy that it is done and over.





0 comments:
Post a Comment