Yes I do and yes I will for quite some time....Today I went to the orthopedic doctor and found out that I did indeed break my foot. I am slightly depressed about it. I have never broken a bone before so I am a little sad to lose my record. I have to wear an awesome boot all the time and get an MRI next week to get a closer look at the damage. The worst part is that I cannot put any weight (doctors orders and because I simply cant) on my foot. This makes the most basic tasks extremely difficult and sometimes impossible..for example getting dressed, walking with Macie, unloading the dishwasher, driving my car, etc. I don't know how long I wont be able to bear weight but its a minimum of 8 weeks recovery.
 |
| The
Talar Dome is what broke (whatever that is...). If the black space is
fluid that is not good and indicates an older injury with perhaps a
complicated recovery and early arthritis. If it is blood that is a good
thing and likely from the acute trauma and will heal faster. |
Ok...enough already...stop posting pics of your disgusting foot! I know I know...but my sister-in-law challenged me to blog more and I took her up on it. I am actually really excited about it and hope to get it printed at the end of the year. Brian's Mom had a scrapbook for each child plus a family scrapbook. When we got married Brian just expected that I would do the same...ha ha ha...I have Brinley's first year, Matt's first month and well that's it.
 |
| Bruising and swelling | |
|
|
|
|
|
|
I am going to get fat. I had just been maintaining my weight even though I was doing something everyday. Totally sucks because we are going to Havasupai in June and was hoping to be swimsuit ready. My house might grow mold. It seriously might...I have no desire to clean it. I will do it when I can walk. I was thinking too that I should have a baby this year since I am pretty sure my deductible has already been met with just the CD of the x-rays. I am really scared to see the bills so why not have a baby and save a few thousand dollars...is it worth it? As my friend pointed out...I will already be fat. :)
 |
| Doesn't my foot look so disgusting and deformed?? It totally grosses me out to look at it. |
|
| |
|
|
|
|
On a sort of spiritual note, from the get go I have had a feeling that this was not just a sprain. Right when it happened I knew it was bad and for the past couple of days I have just had the feeling that it was broken and that it was going to be a long recovery and that I would need to be patient. Its almost like I was being prepped for the news. I usually obsess about the what if's but I have actually been pretty peaceful about everything. I am grateful for the prepping and the peace.
2 comments:
Jami, I couldn't stop laughing at your mold, pregnancy and fatness comment! Just think of all the calories you are burning crawling up the stairs! I love you!
Jami, I couldn't stop laughing at your mold, pregnancy and fatness comment! Just think of all the calories you are burning crawling up the stairs! I love you!
Post a Comment