BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Surgery Day

It's 5:45am and I am sitting here with a brace and water cooler waiting for the surgical center to open. As long as I don't think about what I am doing I am ok. Sometimes I am perfectly fine thinking about laying on the couch and watching movies all day long with no mothering responsibilities. Kinda sounds like a break huh? I would still rather not be in this situation but I will take full advantage of not being able to do anything.

I just don't know what to expect. One guy Brian met was back at work after 4 days and another girl was on crutches for 6 weeks. I remember feeling like crap and doing physical therapy everyday was torture. I remember almost not making it to the bathroom because I was so unable to move. And the training and physical therapy were crazy hard to get back for basketball in 6 months.

This time I have no reason to hurry back to basketball or soccer. When I am ready I will go back. I have a cpm machine to help keep my range of motion, an awesome ice cooler thing and a hamstring graft. All things that should make my recovery easier. However, I now have 4 kids, a hubby, a house, a church calling etc. 

The unknown is hard and also repeating myself. I don't like repeating myself, watching a movie twice, re-reading a book, etc...it makes me mad that I am doing this twice!!

Thankfully again, I have an amazing husband who promised to get the kids up and to school on time and is taking work off. My friends are taking my kids this afternoon and my Mom is flying in for the weekend even though she just spent a week in Nova Scotia. 

My knee feels great and there is no pain or swelling. I have been working out and chasing after my kids. It's hard to go into this pain free knowing that will no longer be. 

1 comments:

mjnetty said...

I love that your blogging again! I just finished my blog book for 2012 and I'm so excited to get it! I love printing my books every year. It makes blogging worth it.

I'm so sorry to hear about your surgery. What a crappy thing. I think I need surgery on my feet, but I'm putting it off because it seems too impossible as a mother. Your kids (and husband) will learn some good independence from this, and hopefully appreciate you more. Hang in there!