I went and picked up the results of my
MRI last week because the suspense was killing me. I was not surprised
to find I had a partially torn ACL. Today I went to the doctor and he
confirmed that I should do the surgery, not necessarily as soon as
possible, but if I want to play basketball or soccer ever again I should
do the surgery. I had already mentally prepared to do it and so we
talked grafts and post op recovery. He recommend using a hamstring graft
because it is less traumatic with a quicker recovery. The only con was
that it would take a lot of work to get my hamstring muscle back to full
function. I will take the trade off! I remember when I had my right ACL
done with a patellar tendon graft I felt like my knee was going to pop
open because there was a long incision in front of my knee.
My appointment ran long and I was supposed to take Addi and Maddie to dance. I ran home to grab their clothes and remembered that Macie had pooped at the doctors office and I would need wipes to change her. I ran back inside and came out to find that my door had locked, with the car on, with Macie inside... I immediately started freaking out because I knew I didn't have a spare set and I was late for dance. Did I also mention it was snowing and freezing cold!?!
![]() |
I was pretty upset by everything but did think of two miracles that happened. 1) I had my phone. I was talking to Brian otherwise it would have been in the car as well and I would have really been freaking out. 2) Macie fell asleep like a little angel. Its the worst thing ever to see your kids crying and not being able to reach them or help them.
| ||

0 comments:
Post a Comment