BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 2, 2009

Pissed Off Past Due Pregnant Lady....

I got a call this afternoon from the hospital to inform me of their "New Visitor Policy" put in place today. The new policy is only 4 adult visitors the entire time you are in the hospital (we write down the names of 4 people and they are the only ones allowed on the unit) and NO children under the age of 18. As of today kids are still allowed in the hospital but the lady wasn't sure if kids would even be allowed in the hospital come Monday.

So my own kids can't even come to the hospital to see their baby sister!! My little sister who is 13 and flying out from Utah can't come see the baby. Not that I was really expecting visitors but only Brian, my Mom, and Alisha can come on the unit.

Why you ask? H1N1 PARANOIA!!

Seriously, its the flu. Who hasn't had the flu.... That is what hand washing is for people! My own kids can't come see me or the baby because H1N1. People make such a big deal over NOTHING! It's not like you hang out in the halls of the maternity ward...most people go directly to the mother's room and stay. If you are sick STAY HOME!

I was shopping in the mall the other day and overheard one of the employees in a low whisper tell the other employee that she had been told she had the H1N1 virus. STAY HOME if you have the flu...that is why we have this pandemic paranoia!

I am pretty upset by the news and have just wanted to give people dirty looks in Wal-mart or yell at the guy at the tire center because I had to wait 10 minutes for anyone to even show up to the front so I could get my keys. I pretty much just want to cry all night long.

I understand taking precautions...but to not allow the children of the mother into the unit! I would say that is going a little overboard.

It's probably not that big of a deal in the long run. I can get pictures with my kids and the baby at home, Kenzie will survive, its just that I had this idea in my head of what I wanted my birthing experience to be. I have been telling Brinley for months that after preschool Grammy will get her and take her to the hospital so she can see the baby. We (the kids and I) have been talking lots about going to the hospital and seeing/holding Addison. They are so excited! It just breaks my heart that they won't have that experience. It's such a special time and I won't get to share it with them.

In my opinion, giving birth should be a happy and fun time shared with family and friends...I feel like I am going into isolation.

I am going to go take a hot bath and hopefully I will feel better. :)

4 comments:

Janelle said...

That is lame. Are you being induced? Good luck. Hopefully none of ya'll get H1N1!

Anonymous said...

Sad! I guess Shanda and I will have to wait... ;) I am so excited for Monday to come for you!

Shanda said...

Lame Lame Lame, I was totally planning on coming...can I still hold her if I had intentions of coming? Sending happy thoughts your way :)

Shelley Eggett said...

I saw this on the news. I think it's becoming pretty standard in the all the hospitals. LAME!! I agree, siblings should be able to come see their new baby.