BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 5, 2009

The Day of Induction has arrived!



This is Brian here. While I consider myself technologically capable, I have never updated a blog, so this should be fun.

So we are a full week past Addison's due date and are here at the hospital for Jami's labor to be induced. The Dr. and nurse and everyone are super nice. This is our first time delivering out of Utah and also our first time having someone other that my Dad deliver. It is kinda different but good so far. Jami's mom and sisters are watching the kids which is really nice to not have to worry about them. The hospital is SOOOOO quite it is weird. Maybe I am just used to all the noise in our house with our guests and 4 kids 4 and under.

So I will be posting periodic updates on here with a few of the stats and progress.
Currently Jami is:
Dilated to a: 1
7o% effaced
Baby Addison is doing great and has a normal heart beat.
Jami is very tired from being up on and off all night with Matthew. He woke up with the croup and we had to take him outside several times during the night for walks or songs. The cool air really helped him breathe better.
The Dr. started the induction this morning with the jelly to soften the cervix. That was a few hours ago and Jami is really starting to feel the contractions. Jami says she forgot how painful labor is and she is not even in labor yet. She keeps asking herself why we had another baby and wonders why any woman would want to voluntarily go through this. :)


Doesn't Jami just look beautiful and comfortable? That is changing quickly (the comfortable part, not the beautiful part.)


So I am just a "visitor" according to my name tag until the baby is born and then I get a cool wrist band thing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Jami!! I'm so glad the day is finally here for you! Can't wait to see some pictures!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, remember to order the chocolate pie after it's all over. :) I hear it's great!

Shelley Eggett said...

I'm sorry to hear Matt has croup. That's no fun, and really bad timing too. I hope he feels better soon.

CKW said...

Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures. We'll be thinking about you today.

wondermom? said...

Brian you did a great job with the blog! I have been in Jamies shoes, you somehow forget what happens during labor! I had a really hard time with my fourth mainly because she was only a year after our third! Addi is so adorable! Congrats you guys!!!