BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Influenza A

Influenza A kicked my trash! Last Monday, January 5th, as we were driving back from Utah I noticed my chest muscles getting sore but I figured I had just done push ups for the first time in a long time. We didn't get home until 2 am so the next morning I felt like crap. I just assumed it was because we had got in so late. That evening I got a sore throat and at our parenting class I was super uncomfortable and had a weird pain in my chest. Wednesday I volunteered and went to Costco but didn't feel great and I was losing my voice. Wednesday night I felt like my throat was on fire and Thursday morning I wanted to die. Brian stayed home once he realized how bad off I really was and took the kids to a parade downtown. I got a blessing and then had another terrible night Thursday night. I couldn't breathe, my throat burned and I would have coughing fits until I peed my pants or threw up. I was achy and chilled and super congested. Friday might Brian left for a movie and Macie threw up.  I was not used to moving around and had virtually eaten nothing for the last few days. To say Friday evening was terrible would be an understatement. Saturday was about the same. I hate not being able to breathe from my nose and panic if I can't. Sunday was the first day I didn't feel worse. Not really better but not worse. Monday, I could breath and has a little appetite. I felt like I was over the worst part and that I would survive. With that being said I have never been more miserable in my entire life. I have never felt so terrible or wished I could just go comatose for a few days. I would take child birth, a broken ankle or ACL surgery any day over having the flu. Being preggo didn't help because I was limited on what medication I could take. I am not a naturalist or a druggie but when I need medication I take don't mind taking it. So yeah...pretty much the most miserable week of my life and I hope to never relive it. The only thing that would come close would be one of my kids getting it...

And that would be sweet Addi grace. She is such a happy and excitable girl. Monday afternoon she literally crashed so I immediately made a doctor's appointment for her. I second guessed myself when she perked up after giving her Motrin but was positive she had the flu when we were in the doctors office and she was shivering. He did a flu test and it came back positive. He prescribed her some Tamiflu. It was quite the adventure to get some (a lot of pharmacies were out) and it only cost me a whopping $260! And she threw up after her first dose. After I gave it to her I read about all the crazy side effects like hallucinations, vivid dreams, nausea and diarrhea. I might try one more time but if she throws up again it's not worth it. She is hot and miserable and I feel so bad for her. My heart just aches and I pray she will not get it as bad as I did. She did get the flu shot back in October. I hope no one else gets it either. That would be terrible. I just hope her little body can fight it off quickly. Makes me want to hibernate forever and never resurface! I don't want to share the germs with anyone nor do I want any new ones. So many people have been sick this winter. I am ready for summer except that means I will have a baby and I am definitely not ready for a baby and all that entails!

UPDATE: Addi's flu experience was more like a cold. I never did give her more than 3 doses of the Tamiflu. The first night I slept with her on the couch and she would wake up talking about Matt and would make funny chewing and hand motions in her sleep. Thankfully it was nothing like what happened to me and no one else got sick. It took me a good 2 weeks to feel better. After the first week I was at least alive but didn't feel great. I now understand how people can die from the flu. It really was the most terrible week ever!








1 comments:

ShaylaRae said...

That sounds so awful!! I'm sorry! Glad you made it through it!