BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 31, 2014

Groundhog Day

Wow. It feels like I am reliving last year except this time its my knee not my ankle. I broke my ankle March 2013 with 6 weeks non-weight bearing. Now, in February of 2014 I will most likely have surgery on my knee. I haven't gone to the doctor but I went and got my MRI report and I have a high-grade partial thickness tear of my anterior cruciate ligament (ACL). My knee feels fine right now which is why its frustrating. That and when it happened in December I was chasing a ball I should have just given up on. This didn't have to happen. I could be playing basketball and soccer right now and loving every minute but now I am going to be a gimp again. At lease we live right next to the school now and the kids can walk to and from school. I can prepare freezer meals in advance and emotionally prepare for the inability to do anything. I mostly feel frustrated that my body is falling apart and I can't do the physical activities that I love and allow me to keep my sanity.



This is my journal from when I was 16 and I found out I had to have ACL surgery on my right knee. I thought it was pretty funny to read and also depressing as I am going to have to do it again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

THAT SUCKS!! I feel for you sis!

Rachel said...

Oh man, the surgery sucks. But I am just dying at your journal. The Aquabats! and it totally would have been a 'pro' on my list to miss Young Womens too. Haha!! So funny.
Don't worry- I can help out with whatever you need! It hopefully won't be near as bad as your ankle was. :)

mjnetty said...

You were an Aquabats fan? Matt served his mission with one of them.