BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"That my name"......T.R.O.U.B.L.E!

Last Saturday I went shopping while Brian "watched" the kids (aka took a nap). Matthew was supposed to be taking a nap in his crib and Brinley was watching a movie. Well, during that time Matthew learned how to crawl out of his crib...he's only 1 (almost two though)! He got out and came downstairs, crawled on my desk, knocked my computer off and grabbed a thick juicy black PERMANENT marker from the top of my desk and had a party.

Brian woke up to him saying "No, No" as he was drawing on our sheets. Brian immediately got up and surveyed the damage which included: the carpet, the walls, more walls, our brand new bathroom counter top, our sheets, coffee table, banister, and Brinley!

On the positive side, Matthew was really proud of his work. He showed Brian a drawing on the wall that looked like an "N" and said, "That my name. Write my name."

So yeah, Matthew now has a lock on his door. After we put him to bed he crawls out and checks to make sure we really did lock the door but when we check on him he is always back in his crib.




Brinley NEVER learned to crawl out of her bed so I am not prepared for this!
I was thinking though....Matthew was 5-6 months old when he first crawled out of his mini crib and onto our bed.
I think he is a born climber!
This is what Matthew calls his name...
Brinley...I don't know how she let him get that close!
The proud artist!
I think it started out as innocent fun just drawing on paper...
The carpet.
Busted!

Just this past week I feel like the "terrible two's" have really hit hard. I seriously can't let Matthew out of my sight in my own house! He is notorious for pushing the chair over to the cabinets and climbing on the counter to get gum, cookies or "ola bars" (granola bars) while I am in the shower or even when I just go to the bathroom...he is seriously fast!
But sooooo cute!
He was climbing on my dresser to get a piece of candy and slipped and hit his mouth on the edge. Blood was pouring out of his mouth and thankfully he just cut the inside of his mouth and no teeth were broken. I am pretty much planning on several ER trips with this boy!
He and Brinley can play so well and other times well......
He scratched Brinley's face and bit both her arms and gave her 2 bruises. We keep trying to teach Brinley to run away! Maybe he was figuring out how to crawl out his crib during all those hours in time out!
:)
Matthew was helping us clean up and squirted 409 in his eye. Poor kid.

4 comments:

anderson's said...

Jami- You do have your hands full! At least it makes for a good story!

CKW said...

This story sounds so familiar!!

By the way, hairspray will take permanent marker off of walls (wierd but true.) Don't think about that too much when you use it on your hair!

mjnetty said...

It's good laughs for the rest of us!. LOL! Just a warning- the terrible two don't end when they turn 3.

Shelley Eggett said...

OH MAN!! You do have your hands full!! It's a Mini Brian all over again. Kent said to try a dry erase marker on your countertop, he says the Color removes Color. It's worth a try.