A couple weeks ago Brinley and I went to Orlando, Florida with my parents and little sister McKenzie. It was sooooo much fun! Fun to be with family, fun to see the excitement in Brinley's eyes, and fun to not cook or clean for a whole week! We were doing something every minute and the time just flew by. Brinley had a blast and still talks about it everyday. She was such a good girl and I was so thankful I was not one of those parents whose child was flipping out because they didn't get what they wanted. :)
Getting there was probably the hardest part. We got up early and took the bus in an attempt to be green (even though gas prices are less that $2). I talked to my Mom who was stuck in a snow storm in Utah and jokingly warned her not to miss her plane. We made it to the airport with 45 minutes to spare and went to check our bags (I already had our boarding passes) and to my surprise we couldn't check our bags because we were two minutes past the 45 minute baggage check deadline that I didn't know about and we had to be "rerouted."
I felt like I was in a dream and that they were joking and anytime they were going to tell me just kidding..let me take your bags. So ironically Brinley and I missed our flight, even though I would have made it to the plane if they would have just checked my stupid luggage! I thought about breaking down my luggage and just running for the gate but I was pretty hysterical by this point because I found out I wouldn't get to Orlando until midnight (was supposed to be there at 5:00pm), we had a 4 hour lay over in JFK airport and they were going to charge me $100! I was pretty upset especially when the Delta manager told me that I should be able to afford it because I was going to Disneyworld (wrong- my husband is a student and my parents used their sky miles) and that I needed to stop making a scene because I was scaring the children!
I pretty much cried until we got on the plane and people gave me weird looks all through security and into the terminal. Poor Brinley had no idea what was going on with her Mother. She didn't make a peep and stayed right by my side until we got on the airplane. Then she kept asking me, "Are you still sad Mommy? You happy Mom?" It was pretty much one of the worst days on my life. During my spare time (which I had plenty of) I read the conference talk titled, "Come what may, and love it." That helped to slow the tears.
The Tree of Life.
My Mom, Brinley and Kenzie in front of Cinderella's castle. A classic!
Universal Studios was amazing. The National Association of Realtors rented it out after hours so the lines were 10 minutes instead of 2 hours! We also got 10 Universal Dollars to spend which was an added bonus.
This is what Brinley would do for the scary or loud rides....along with screaming, "Get me outta here!" This was at the Indiana Jones Stunt Show. She ended up liking it a lot especially the part where a truck caught on fire.
Thanks Mom and Dad for a GREAT time and a dream come true!
*In case anyone wonders..my Mom rocks. I sent in a formal complaint to Delta and received a big fat NO but my Mom went ahead and called the Delta Headquarters and told them what happened. The lady apologized profusely for the way we were treated and refunded my $100.*
4 comments:
Sorry you had to deal with everything getting there! That stinks. But arn't Mom's the best at helping make things better! Looks like once you got there you had a great time!
That looks like such a fun trip!! Brinley is such a good little girl, I'm afriad I would be one of those Mom's with the kids that were melting down :)
What a nightmare at the airport. I would have been in tears too. Especially being by yourself with just Brin. Your Mom is awesome. I'm glad you got your $100 back
Your refund gives me hope! i just spent all day fighting with the travel agent who booked us into the wrong hotel for our trip next week (and tried to convince me that is what I asked for.) I plan to throw a hissy fit at his manager when we get back from our much altered vacation.
Glad you got your money back! Wasn't Grandma Murray going to go with ya'll, too? Looks like you had fun.
Post a Comment