BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It's been awhile.....

It's been awhile since I have posted anything. A LOT has happened in the last 2 months. The kids and I just got back to Colorado last week after spending some time at my parents house for the holiday's and while Brian was gone for a few weeks.

Matthew took his first steps and is starting to walk all over the house. A couple of days ago he found a stash of chocolate animal crackers. I looked up to see him walking as fast as a new little walker can walk with a handful of crackers in each hand and about 6 crackers stuffed in his mouth. It was so cute! Matthew is our wild man. He loves to jump and leap and roll all over the place, especially on our bed. He LOVES dogs and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Brinley is my little collector. She piles and transfers all her toys to various purses, strollers, shopping carts, and other places several times a day. At first I kept trying to sort out all her toys and pick them up from every room in the house and put them where they go but I just overwhelmed myself. The other day we were watching home videos . We were watching one of Brinley when she was 14 months old and realized that she did the same thing when she was that age. She would push her walker around out back and collect rocks, sticks, and leaves. She loved to put things in her walker. So what will these habits equate to when she is a teenager? Brinley loves purses, babies, make-up, strawberry milk, and getting her hair braided.

Good news for me....I stopped nursing Matthew this past week and I officially have my body back for the first time in 3 1/2 years! Yeah!


Matthew turned 1 on December 10, 2007


The other day Matt was crying in his crib so Brinley said she was going to go and give him his binky. Well, Brian and I went upstairs 5 or 10 minutes later to find all of Brinley's books and all of Matt's toys IN his crib with him with Brinley reading him a story. Brinley was trying to make him happy! It was so cute.


Little Buddy

Little Princess


Needless to say, both kids were terrified of Santa this year!


We went hiking with our friends in St. George over New Years. Matthew loved it!


Brinley and her best friend Brindy at Snow Canyon.


3 comments:

Shelley Eggett said...

Cute Pictures Jami. I'm glad to see you've finally updated your blog. I've been waiting. Tell Alisha she needs to update too. I can't believe Matthew is running all over the place, that is so cute, he's growing right up. I love the Santa Pictures, those are so classic!!! And, how cute that Brinley takes care of little Matt.

Brinley's collecting characteristics remind me of Maleah. It drives me crazy, but I'm coming to terms with the fact that, that is how she entertains herself. For example, she just sat at the couter and rolled up about 40 pieces of paper into rolls and taped them all to be telescopes, and put them in a plastic bag. If it's not paper it's popscicle sticks or cut up little papers with glue and sprinkles on them etc..etc...their imagination only gets more and more inventive the older they get.

Anyways thanks for the update. Keep the posts coming.

Brad and Sheila Porter said...

Oh good, you are back. I was afraid you fell of the face of the earth! I love your family photos, they look great!

Jen said...

I love the family picture. It is great of all of you. I wish we lived closer so we could hang more, but we realize how crazy life it. We sure love you all and hope to chat soon.
Jen