BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 27, 2013

I can relate...

Teeth injuries are not my thing....It has been so nice to talk to my brother who is almost done with dental school. I am so excited to have a dentist in the family! I call him to get advice and his thoughts on any teeth issues we may have which at the moment is a lot.

When I was in third grade I chipped my two front teeth. I was rollerblading around the block with my dog. My dentist brother, Cory, rode past me on his bike and my dog started chasing him. I was afraid of my dog getting run over (like the last one did) so I did not let go of the leash. I started going really fast and on the right side of the sidewalk I saw a light pole that I thought I could grab onto. I held my hands out to try and stop myself but the pull of the dog and me on roller-blades was too much and my face smacked right into the pole. I cried and cried and cried some more. I was devastated. The worst part was that school pictures were the next day!



A few years later I was eating a sugar daddy and pulled the sucker out of my mouth to find both my fillings stuck in it.

Right before I got married (2002) I had a root canal done in both teeth. The dentist had found some infection in my roots. At the same time I got my front teeth fillings redone and my teeth whitened. That lasted for a couple of years. I look back on 2005 when I had Brinley and my teeth were soooo dark. I am so embarrassed for myself when I look at old pictures.

For our 5 year anniversary (2007) Brian gave me some internal teeth whitening for my front teeth. I was super excited and that helped for awhile. However, in April of 2009 I was flying over to Utah and my upper lip/nose area started hurting really bad. My aunt who works for a dentist took an x-ray and found my root tips were infected still or again, I am not sure.

So I went back to Denver and had our good friend do a root canal on both teeth again. I am so glad we went to him because he cleaned out all the bacteria and darkness in my teeth and internal bleached them again. They looked awesome and I really liked his conservative do it right approach to dentistry. This time of life was crazy...I was pregnant, double root canals, found out my in-laws were divorcing, and my grandpa died all within a 2-3 week period.

Fast forward to 2011 and my teeth still were not healing like they should so I had two apicoectomies done. That is where they go in and cut off the root tips and clean out the infection. The surgery was not too painful but I swelled and bruised really bad. My Mom came and helped out with the kids which was very nice even though it wasn't too painful.

My fat lip

The bruising


Fast forward to the fall of 2012. I was feeling some zingy feelings in my right tooth so I got another x-ray and found out my left tooth was healing but my right one was not so I had another apicoectomy done. During the surgery the endodontist found a crack in the tooth. Peter (our endodontist/Brian's bff) shaved down my tooth to try and get rid of the crack but most cracked teeth will need to be pulled. So now we will just wait and see what happens. Most likely I will need an implant but I am hoping for a miracle. That was definitely the worst part of that surgery...the crack. It didn't bruise like last time and it wasn't too painful but I am NOT excited about an implant.

So yeah...a lot of details but that is why I don't do teeth...especially front ones. 

On to Addison...
She looks like a "who" from Dr. Suess' The Grinch
 


Addi seems to be doing well. She acts like nothing happened even though her upper lip is huge and underneath is all purple and bruised. She will occasionally say her tooth hurts but not too often. She has even started sucking her thumb again. :(
 
Looking at the pictures the one on the left is the one that got pushed back even though the one on the right looks like it got pushed forward but that is just from sucking her thumb. The one that got injured actually looks more "in place".

I just love (the nurse side) or don't love (the mom side) to see how far the left one is pushed back. There is also a chip on the right one but I can't get a good picture.

The bruising under her lip






3 comments:

Janelle said...

Oh man, I can't believe that about your teeth! I had no idea they had been causing you so much trouble for so long!
And poor Addi! Lizzy has dark front teeth, too. The dentist just said since they are her baby teeth, we'll just have to wait and see what happens when they fall out. Good luck!

Shelley Eggett said...

Wow, I had no idea you had such a long history of tooth problems. I kinda knew, but man you have been put through the ringer. Those 3rd grade pictures are awesome :) If it's any comfort to you, I have never in my life (the whole time I've known you) every thought your teet looked bad. In fact I've always thought you've had really nice teeth. I'm so sorry about Addi. She does totally look like a "who" the side profile made me laugh. I hope she heals up quickly and that will be the end of your teeth problems.

mjnetty said...

All I can say is OUCH!