BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Christmas Tree...

Over Thanksgiving we went back to Utah for a couple of weeks to visit family. We had not been back to Utah for Thanksgiving since we moved here so it was fun to go back and especially to go and eat my Grandma's homemade rolls! Every year Brian's family goes up to his parents cabin and there is a big sleepover. We also take the snowmobiles out and cut down our own Christmas tree. It was quite eventful but that is a whole other post.

We wanted to get a big tree because we have vaulted ceilings in our living room. We cut one down that was about 12 ft. It sounded small and looked small until we brought it into the living room! It almost touched the ceiling....but I wasn't going to cut it any because we hauled that thing on top of the roof of our van for over 500 miles!!

Leaning up against the wall...figuring out where it will fit.

Jami getting the tree stand ready.
We had to climb up on the wall that separates the front room and the kitchen to hang the lights on the tree. Of course both kids wanted to help with that!
We usually wrap the tree with lights but it was way to big of a task for the amount of time we would have the tree so we just hung them going down the tree.
I just realized that we don't have any pictures of the tree all decorated and set up. Sad! As you can see I had a hard time getting the whole tree in the picture.

We set up the Christmas stuff as well. The kids had a blast picking which things they wanted in their room.
Brinley wearing a stocking on her head.
Daddy, Matt and Brinley excited for the Christmas holiday.

2 comments:

mjnetty said...

Love it!!! But I want to see a picture of how you did the lights and ornaments too.

Shelley Eggett said...

Holy Moly! That is a gigantic tree. I kinda missed having a realy tree this year. But I will say it was a lot easier.