My Mom, my sister Alisha and her baby Brooklyn came out for a couple of days and then took Kenzie back home to Utah. We had so much fun! My Mom brought a suitcase full of Grandma Sycamore's bread for us to eat. Colorado doesn't sell it! So now I have a freezer full of yummy bread as well as good chicken and corn from Costco thanks to my Mom!
Our days were few but eventful. We went to the Denver Zoo, swimming at the rec center, to the park, watched a movie and just enjoyed watching the kids play.
You may ask why I titled this blog "The Freak Show".... well, that is what we called ourselves when we went in public. I had my two little kiddos running around everywhere, Alisha had Brooklyn (1) and she is also 8 months pregnant and then we had my Mom and Kenzie. It all started when we tried literally 4 or 5 times to take back a Redbox DVD. The machine was broken for 2 days! After trying and trying to return the DVD we decided to try a different Redbox. That one was broken as well! Everyone in the car would laugh as the person trying to take the DVD back would walk out, yet again, with the DVD in hand. The other funny part was that it was one of the most boring movies I have watched this year. Everybody fell asleep except for me and Kenzie and we just didn't want to go to bed.
We ended up going swimming and then decided to go to dinner because I had coupons for 3 free kids meals. I had forgotten to bring a change of clothes for my kids so they were in their swimsuits and I also forgot diapers for Matt so after he peed on me in the restaurant (swim diapers don't hold pee...did you know that?) I had to go to the car and put an old diaper on from the day before.
So yeah, we are just getting started. We sit down and everybody is just in this small room eating their dinner. We show up, all of us half dressed with screaming kids (Brinley bit her tongue, Matt was hungry, and Brooklyn was tired). Everybody in the restaurant just stared at us, who knows what they were saying! So after 1 hour and 10 minutes our food arrives. Our waitress told us that the kitchen was backed up.....however, we started noticing everybody around us that had come after us was already finished with their meals....hmmmm. Come to find out she forgot to put our order in. So here we are with our screaming, tired, hungry children and the pizza she brings out for them is missing the cheese on half of it and the peperoni's were black. Yum.
Next, she brings McKenzie's pasta dish that was supposed to come with no green peppers. My Mom started to look at it and saw that there was green peppers in it. The waitress says, "No, those are peas." (This was after she had told my Mom the pasta dish was her cordon bleu???) Sure enough, there was a bunch a green peppers in there!
Not only that but the waitress charged us for the drinks that were included in the kids meal coupon, charged me for the wrong size pizza, and then to top the night off Brooklyn has a MAJOR blowout that gets all over her and all over Alisha. We couldn't stop laughing. My Mom fixed the bill, Alisha went and changed, and I attempted to pick up food, napkins, silverware, etc off the floor. The best part was that, after several wrong turns, we found a Redbox that would accept our DVD!This was Brinley's favorite animal because it was one of the only animals that actually did something.....this one knows how to pick its nose AND eat it too! Yuck! It must have made a lasting impression on Brinley though because she told Brian it was her favorite part.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
The Freak Show
Posted by Jami at 9:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sounds like a heck of a show! Sometimes all you can do is LAUGH! Otherwise, you might cry. I wanted to cry yesterday on the way home from Bear Lake (our kids do not travel well) It was pure MADNESS and CHAOS for a good part of the drive home. All I could do was just laugh, even though I wanted to CRY!!!
I also found out the hard way that swim diapers don't hold pee - My question is, what good do they do in the water?
Your week sounds a little like mine. It's kind of amazing that moms with young children ever leave the house at all.
I hope your waitress didn't get a big tip!
That's a crazy story! I am sorry that you've had such a frustrating experience with RedBox. I've yet to find it not available for return. I love the comment about the monkey! Too Cute! See ya on Thursday for Settlers! Game on!
I had to do a double take, your looking more like your mom! Hope all is well we sure miss you guys. Tell your parents hello for us, we will never be able to repay them for helping us out when we really needed it. Love you guys.
That is QUITE the freakshow! Doesn't it make you just want to go out to eat EVERY DAY! Oh boy...sounds like our eating out trips!
Post a Comment